Well this has been an interesting week. It's so much fun to talk to Lisa about her wedding plans and just to hear all the different things she's thinking about. Last I spoke with her she hadn't come up with a date yet, but they're thinking a September or October wedding. I'm sure there will be much talk about their wedding in months to come.
Growing relationships has sort of been a big theme around here this week. Started on Sunday with finding out about Lisa and Ben getting married. Then I found out that Tori and Jake are beginning to figure things out so they can move in together. And some news I found to be very exciting, my brother and his girl Floy are back together! It's all big exciting stuff.
Although the week wasn't all good news. Kristyl's (my step mom) mother passed away Wednesday night. So my thoughts are with Kristyl and her family right now. Safe travels to all of you, and I am so sorry for your loss...
We ended up bumping up our Christmas celebration with Dad and Kristyl, which was going to be tonight, to last night, so they could get to Utah today. Considering the circumstances it was a very nice night. And Kristyl said she was happy to have her mind off of things.
Today I went to Seussical the Musical with my mom and Sienna. IT WAS SO CUTE! Only an hour long, and just the absolute perfect show for kids. Full of bright colors and the music was great. I was very pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed it so much. Especially because I almost didn't go. But Sienna came up to me 5 minutes before they left and said to me with her beautiful big blue eyes with the perfect little pout, "Why aren't you going to come Auntie Caitlin?" After that I just had to go. It is mainly the story of Horton Hears a Who. Which I've never actually read. But now I absolutely have to! I wish I could take all the kids I watch to go see it. Of course that'd be impossible. Maybe I'll just have to go see it on my own :)
For the rest of the day I've been able to watch Hayden. Which is such an absolute joy to do! 6 months is such a fun age. And this little boy's smile could make anyone feel better. He is just so much fun to spend time with. His parents are staying at a hotel in Denver while my mom and I switch off taking care of the little guy. They were desperate for a good nights' sleep and we were more than happy to have Hayden stay.
Tomorrow is our big bake day and I am SO excited for that! It's probably one of my things about Christmas time. I just love baking, and being able to do it with my sisters and mom makes it all the greater. We're going to do a double batch of my favorite ones (chocolate pretzel cookies) so we'll hopefully have more than enough to make us all happy. Last year they were the fastest ones to go... and no, not because I ate them all - Everyone loves them!
Well now it is time for me to go get some other things done. It may be a little while before I post anything because I'm heading out of town on Friday for a trip with the Reed's. If I don't post throughout the week then you'll hear from me on Sun(28th?) or Mon.
Merry Christmas!
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Wow you've been busy! I hope you have a happy holiday. We're doing the funeral thing the next few days. My uncle passed away too last week and things around hear are a bit bleak with 2 funerals in one day. I think we might only go to grandma's though. The ids can't take all that much sitting still in one day.
Give the new little ones snuggles for me!
Post a Comment