Tuesday, December 30, 2008

So Long 2008

I can't for the life of me at this precise moment seem to remember what went on last week before Thursday. So I'm just going to begin with Christmas....

Christmas was lovely. Unlike usual, I didn't pull out my camera to take any pictures. I thought about it on numerous occasions, but just decided against it I guess. I got some great stuff this year, and even better I feel really good about the gifts I gave this year, which is a very good feeling to have. Then the day after Christmas I got to go out and buy all the things that I didn't get with all the gift cards I got! I am proud to say I got a lot of good deals and I've already used up all my gift cards.

On Friday Jason and I headed up to Frisco to spend some time with Jason's family, although they didn't come up until Saturday. When we got there it was crazy snowy so we decided we'd just stay in, which is one of my favorite things to do anyway as long as you've got stuff to keep you entertained! So we made some yummy soup and hot cocoa for dinner, and then we sat down and began watching the short HBO series "John Adams"... wow! Jason wasn't all too excited about it because he said "John Adams is not one of my favorite politicians" but we both really enjoyed it. It beings at the point of The Bloody Massacre when we were still the 13 colonies, and ends 50 years after the Declaration of Independence was ratified. We actually just finished it today, and man did it get me interested in stuff... but more on that a little later...

On Saturday Jason's parents, sister, and sister's boyfriend all showed up around 10:30am and we all had so much fun! We went into Breckenridge for lunch then later that night we all bundled up and went on a sleigh ride up a mountain, then ate, and then took another ride back down! It was FREEZING, but a ton of fun and we did a splendifurous job of bundling up. I posted pictures so you could see.

We ended the night playing Apples to Apples which I'd never played, and totally loved... I really want to play it at home now because we got it last Christmas, but have yet to take it out of the packaging, but there aren't enough people around to play it sense I've gotten home :( Oh well, I'll get to it someday.

The down side of the last few days is that Courtney has had a few problems. She was very upset on Christmas day about her stomach hurting and my mom ended up taking her into the ER. That day the doctors ended up thinking it was a fairly mild thing and she was able to come home, but then yesterday and today she has been in again and things aren't so good and she's going to most likely have a historectomy. I feel just awful for her. Oddly, they say it won't happen until either March or May, because they want to give her medicine to shrink the thing they're wanting to remove inside her uterus. But they'll do it sooner than that if she seems to be in too much pain.

Anyway, I'm going to move away from that subject. Back to the John Adams thing... the show has me suddenly feeling very interested in politics, and US history, and most of all right now, just has me interested in learning about all of our 42 presidents (don't try to correct me, it is 42 presidents, not 43, one of them was elected the 22nd and then again as the 24th). I went out and bought a book tonight giving a breif explanation on all of them and after I'm through with this, I'm considering getting books to read about each individual one, but we'll wait and see how I'm feeling when that time comes, because that would be a huge thing to take on. Anyway, so I'm now going to update my quotes with quotes from our Presidents, and I think I'm also going to make a list of the Presidents as I read about them. So if you ever want to comment on that stuff feel free!

And now it is time to say goodbye to 2008. I've loved 2008, I think it has been a fantastic year. I'm really looking forward to 2009 though and think that many good things will come of it. I hope everyone has a happy and safe New Years Eve tomorrow night and I'll talk to you all in 2009! Xx

1 comment:

Lady Carolyn said...

Happy New Year! You did very well on our gifts for sure! Emma has already made a bunch of jewelry and Katie is designing clothes like crazy. :) Thanks!!!