Friday, April 17, 2009

Stupid Snow

If you're in Colorado then you know what an interesting snow we've gotten hit with today. It is wet heavy snow... but not the typical kind of wet heavy snow you're thinking of... no no, this is snow that we it a degree warmer would actually be rain, so it is truly HEAVY WET snow. It's accumulating somewhat, but the roads aren't so bad, they're more just wet and slushy. And you know when you're driving along and a car speeds up on the side of you and passes you up and your windshield gets completely covered in nasty dirty slush? It's gross, and I'm going to tell you a story about it, and when it happens it will be referred to as getting "slushed"...

I got home from work around 3:20 today and couldn't make it up the driveway. So I parked the car on the road, grabbed a shovel from the garage and began shoveling. The snow is so unbelievably heavy (and only about 3 inches) that I could only fill the shovel about half-way up or it was too much to lift and move. Because of this I decided to shovel only the neccesary 2 lines up the driveway for my tires to make it. But when I finished I thought "I really need to do this on my mom's side of the driveway so that she can make it up when she gets home from work". So I moved my car off the street and into the garage and began working on my mom's side. Once finished with her side I figured "Alright, I'm already pretty wet, my fingers are already cold, I might as well stick it out just a few minutes more and get the sidewalk area shoveled. I made it about half-way through when I car drove by and COMPLETELY slushed me. It was so discusting. I've seen it happen in movies, but I've never seen it happen to someone, let alone have it happen to me! How unfortunate.

Thankfully I'm home now. I don't have to work or have any plans to do all weekend, so I'm going to go take a nice long hot shower and then pull out my wonderful book that I'm reading and snuggle up by the fireplace. I'm SO glad I've found a new book to get into!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA! You got slushed!