With all the ways for people to communicate these days, is there really ever any good reason not to communicate with a person? Aside of course, from flat out just not wanting to communicate. This is becoming one of my biggest pet peeves I think. I mean, there is as always, the old fashioned method of mailing, not generally used for communication anymore, but a method none the less, there is calling, texting, email, millions of social networks, I mean it just doesn't seem that hard to contact someone just to say, "hey, I've got stuff going on now, I'll call/text/email/mail you soon"... yes?
Sorry I just had to get that off my chest ... I've been waiting for a couple of days to hear back from someone ... but I have yet to hear and this just always seems to happen and it's irritating. All I'm looking for is a short response to a very simple question I had, but I don't want to keep contacting the person because then I feel like I'm being obnoxious.
Now to my happy part! I am moving!!! Jason and I found a place and it is WONDERFUL! It'll be a perfect first apartment. We're getting it now because this way we can have a one year lease (actually we're doing 13 month) and once the lease is up, we'll be going off to wherever Jason decides to go for school. I'm very excited, it's got a washer and dryer, all new kitchen appliances, new counter tops, dishwasher, we have a 24 hour fitness center on the site, 2 pools and a spa, it's a 1st level unit, we have storage space, air conditioning, wood burning fireplace, it's right next to a grocery store, it's very close to the highway, and only takes me 6 minutes to get to my mom's. It is such a steal. And we got a lot of great move-in deals because they had specials going on.
Our move-in date is next Friday May 15th, and I'm looking at it as my birthday present to myself (my birthday is on the 17th). My mom has decided she's going to get me stuff for the apartment as my birthday gift, which is something I'm so excited about! The place is going to look like a complete mess. All of our mis-matched furniture. But it'll be PERFECT because it'll be our place!
This picture I posted is of the kitchen/dining room. This isn't how ours will look, this is just the picture they have up on their website. But this is how the kitchen appliances look and the cupboards and everything!! Oh, and that's not a hole in the wall (wink wink to a certain someone) it is a mirror...

And next week is really a big week for me because on top of moving I'm also beginning to work for a new family on Monday! I'm feeling really jittery about it, it's always so hard to start something new. I'm so comfortable with the kids I've been working with, but it's just been so stressful not having a set schedule and having hours all over the place. Especially with planning a wedding I just need to have some regularity. So this new family will be great. They have 2 little girls, a 5 year old and 1 year old, so we'll just have a grand old time. I've never worked in a family with more than one girl, so it'll be a bit of a change. And change is good! :) Which means I'm going to have a FABULOUS week cause it'll be FULL of change!!!


2 comments:
Oh what fun! Such a wonderful time of life to look back and remember, when there ARE so many changes...scary but exciting! I love you Caitlin, and of course wish the best for you always! Kiss kiss!!
Hooray for new apartments! :o)
Post a Comment