To start with, I'm going to tell you the story from last month when I attempted to bake a 2 layer homemade chocolate cake. I absolutely love to bake, and even more I love to bake tastey treats for me. So I wanted to make a chocolate cake and I wanted to be sure to have some good homemade icing to go on the cake. So I got the cake made and into the oven and then got going on this really complicated icing recipe that required me to bring to boil a few ingriedients and get them to a certain tempertature and once they're at the correct temp immediately mix them with beated egg whites... blah blah blah...
This was too much for me to do on my own I soon discovered because I didn't do it all in the right order. So I brought Jason over to measure the temp of the boiling stuff while I was beating the egg whites. Then the oven began beeping cause the cake was done. So Jason took the boiling stuff off the stove and began beating it into the egg whites while I removed the cake layers from the oven and placed them onto the stove and took over the icing stuff Jason was doing...
Well then I noticed that I was smelling something burning and kept looking into the frosting to see if there was anything somehow burning but naturally all was fine... so I finish mixing the icing and look up and one of the cake halves is completely smoking on the stove! AHH! We had forgotten to turn off the burner when we were making the icing and I put the finished cake on a hot burner.... here is the result... Best part about it, I really didn't like the frosting at all and chose to throw it away :(

And the cake came out of the pan perfectly, but I was eating all the good cake around the burnt part which is why it looks like that! Haha, I couldn't possibly let good cake go to waste!
Nextly, I have a few pictures of my handsome nephews! When Sienna was born I was updating new pictures of her on a monthly basis until she was like 2 and I've hardly posted anything of my adorable nephews! So here I have a few pictures of them. Hayden is the older one with blonde hair and blue eyes. He is Casey's baby and he'll be 1 on May 25th. Dallen is the younger one with a significantly darker tone, especially considering the coloring of all us pastey white people in this family. He will be 6 months old on May 24th. These are the first pictures we've gotten of these two cousins together!!





Though I have to give credit of the big smiling picture of Dallen to Andrew, that one is one he took in Disney World. It's just the only picture we have of Dallen's big smile and it is SUCH a cute picture!
I think for now these are the only pictures I have to show. Jason and I are possibly going to be getting an apartment sometime in the near future. I'm crossing my fingers that it'll happen on the sooner end of things. We waste so much time going back and forth to get to each other and it's such a hassle not always knowing where are things are because they can be left at the other persons house or car and such... we don't need to be really concerned about finding a place until July, that's around the time we need to start our one year lease. BUT there is a place we went to yesterday that we both like a ton, and if we wanted to move in earlier we can get up to a 15 month lease. So as I said, we need to figure out a few things and decide if it's something we can do now, but I'm hoping it will all work out :)


1 comment:
I'm loving the pictures Caitlin!! MMMMMMPWAAAAA!!
Post a Comment