Friday, November 21, 2008

Another 8 months! REALLY?!

Last night I was supposed to be at the midnight showing of Harry Potter 6. Unfortunately the WB decided not to release the movie for another 8 months. What a cruel thing to do! I mean, sure, now they have time to completely prefect what was already the best HP story, but did it really have to be put off SO long?

Everyone else is ecstatic about the Twilight movie that actually ended up coming out last night (It was bumped up from it's Dec release date after Harry Potter was pushed back). I just can't conjure up any excitement for this movie though. I love the books. I really truly love them a lot. But this movie is just going to fall flat (that's to put it as nicely as possible). I just couldn't go to the midnight showing of Twilight last night. First of all because I really think it's not going to be good, so why stay up so late. But more because I can't help but thinking that I SHOULD be at the midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. The BEST Harry Potter. A movie in a series of wonderfully brilliant movies from slightly better books (meaning the books are still better than the movies). Instead of a low-budget, poorly casted and acted movie, ruining a much better book (meaning the book is a million times better than the movie).

Granted, I haven't seen Twilight yet. I will be seeing it tonight, so I'm sure tomorrow, or maybe even later tonight you'll find out how I really felt about it.

But really, I am just counting down until July 17th when I finally get to see my Harry Potter movie. The day after Sienna's 4th birthday.... how depressing. I never want Sienna to turn 4 (3 is such a fun age), and I desperately want to see HP6. What a bummer of a trade-off.

By the way, still no baby. The due date was yesterday. Lindsay is in really good spirits now though. I think building up to your due-date you must just so desperately want the baby to come before it, but once you hit it and go past it, you get over it, because now no matter what... you've gone past your due date... ya know?

2 comments:

Lady Carolyn said...

I feel similarly about the Twilight movie. I'm going with my friend who liked the books too but has the same taste in movies as i do, so if I groan, she probably will be too. I'm sorry, but the Edward in my head is a turn of the century, classically handsome, clean cut gentleman. not a late 90's style mod boy. Meh.

When i was late with Emma, my due date came and went and not having a day to look forward to, each day stretched on forever. I think Lindsay's doing really well too. I was trying to bribe the doctors with baking. Didn't work. :P

Anonymous said...

Caitlin, it's so much fun to be able to leave you comments. Sadly, I am one of the only people you gave the book, "Twilight" to, who didn't like it, but I hope the movie is better than you had hoped.