So working with kids I get critiqued a LOT! It's amazing to me the things kids come up with to say. And it's rough, because you know they aren't meaning it in a bad way. It's usually just a sincere comment or question that they have floating around in their minds, but they haven't learned yet that it isn't always appropriate to say outloud. And I just can't help but show some examples:
Why do you always wear the same pair of jeans?
You have an owie on your face... do you need a bandaid?
Your butt is big.
Your car is a mess, lets see if you can get it clean by the next time you're here.
Why do you have purple under your eyes?
And the most recent:
(Grabs my calf) Wow! Your legs are chubby!
Now let me follow this by saying, honestly, I hear a lot more compliments and good things from children than anything bad. But you've got to admit the inappropriate things are much more amusing to read! I know I've got a million more. When I can remember enough maybe I'll post more.
AND on a totally different note:
BAM! WACK! POW!
Just all seems so mean. More anger, hatred and fear. Guess it's worked before.
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I had to adjust Katie telling me how much bigger I am than she. It wasn't until I realized she compared herself first. She'd hold up her own hand before going "Mommy, your hands is BIIIIIIIIG!" Or count her two moles before looking at me "Mommy, you gots lots of moles. Yous like polka dots."
In comparison, well, its not so bad.
Especialy the POW part, POW POW POW POW POW. Don't know how many houses you own? Its cause you spent 5 years as a POW. Don't know much about the economy, its cause he was a POW!! Can't explain why you voted against a bill that you were the original sponsor of? Its cause being a POW affected your judgemnet.
No seriously, all those things have been explained with the excuse, he was a POW!
But after watching that speech it gives the D Party a huge talking point. How can you reform anything when you agree with everything that has been done, and you helped do it all? Doesn't sound much like reform to me, sounds more like smoke and mirrors to reinforce a failed economic policy, a broken health care system, and a foreign policy so unfavorable with the military that they have had to send most of the national gaurd abroad because no one wants to join the armed forces and be thrown into a pointless war.
But hey he was a POW!
;) Love ya
Post a Comment