Thursday, September 25, 2008

You've GOT to be kidding me

On Sunday this past week, I woke up with the most pathetic little cough. On Monday I had a pounding headache as well, but not a very big deal still... all the coughing is bound to give me a headache. On Tues I woke up feeling just not well at all, but aside from being tired, having a little cough and headache, I was fine. So I went to work, first for little 5 mo. old Maia, and then for the 5 Spong children. Around 6 when I was watching the Spongs I started thinking I was getting a fever, so I ended my day early and went home.

When I got home I took my temp at it was at 99.1. No big deal, right? Well an hour later it was up to 101.8. I don't ever get fevers when I get sick. When I would get strep or tonsilitis it was never with a fever. Unfortunately, I have really poor health insurance, so I made the decision for the past couple of days to stick it out and see if I got better.

Finally today when my fever jumped up yet again to 101.8, I decided it was time to go in. And instead of giving you all the gory details, I'll just say, I've got pneumonia. YUCK!!! So I can't go back to work for 7 days, and I'm going to be feeling not 100% for easily 2 weeks. Weirdly, all I can think about are the 6 kids I was with on Tuesday who I so desperately hope don't end up with this because of me!

Sadly for me, I need to stay away from people for the next 2 days-ish, which SUCKS because it's just so SO boring. But even sadder is that I was reading on my instructions from the doctor tonight that I need to stay away from people with the cold or flu, and Jason thinks he has the flu! I don't like not being able to see Jason. I wonder how long that rule applies....

Anyway, you'll probably get a number of really boring posts from me for the next week since nothing will be going on in my life aside from sitting in my bedroom nursing my pneumonia.

2 comments:

Mama Robyn said...

I am so sorry that sucks huge. hope you feel better soon!

Lady Carolyn said...

How sad for you! You can always call and shoot the breeze. Feel better!