Man oh man, since last Friday life has been non-stop!! My mom was ready to go on hour one! When Jason and I told everyone we were engaged my mom suddenly popped out with gifts for me. One book about weddings and one Wedding Planner Binder. Both things have lists inside of them with things to be accomplished 9-12months before the wedding. Naturally I know they can be put off, because I've seen weddings thrown together in 3 months time. However, I have 12 months to enjoy being engaged and to enjoy the process of putting a wedding together. So I've decided I am going to go according to my checklists which I figure will greatly lower the level of stress on me throughout all the planning in the next year....
Top things to get done at the point I'm at now: 1. Choose a venue and 2. Figure out the guest list so we can choose the venue. So I've seen 4 places (been in contact with 7) and I can think of 1, maybe 2 more I'd like to look at. There are a million more things it suggests doing, and I'll get them done in the next 2 months, but these are the things I'm concerned with firstly. But man oh man, I never realized just how much thought and consideration really needs to be put into choosing a place to have your wedding. And when I think that I probably won't book a place for another 2-3 weeks, I'm really glad that I began thinking about it right away. In my mind I have a vision and there is a place I've seen that fits my vision, but I want to see more places and make sure that my place is in fact the right choice.
It's nice that Lisa is ahead of me and is able to give me names and pieces of advice that she has already figured out. Plus we're realizing if we both do things with the same people and book them together then people want to give us discounts! Which is extremely awesome. I can't help but thinking about how weird things will be a year from now, after Jason's cousins are married, Lisa is married and so are Jason and I. I imagine wedding talk will dominate this year and once it's over that'll just be odd, ya know? I'm off for now, I have to go take a nap. It's been a long day... I spent it all at a Bridal Show at the place where Lisa is having her wedding, "Bella Sera", which by the way Lisa, is stunning!!
Xx
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Hooray for wedding planning! I personally think this whole year is going to be a blast!
Awww yay!! :o) I love my venue and can't wait to see yours once you've decided and booked. I am glad you had fun. We enjoyed your company. ...and we will ALWAYS have SOMETHING to talk about, silly!
Ps. This is me still not doing anything, and waiting for a call back from you saying Jason changed his mind about tonight. Haha. Love you!!
This will be a crazy year for you guys! Just so you know my husband Eric will be done with his pastry degree in Nov so if you need a cake, sugar or chocolate show piece we can help you two out!
We did our wedding in a very short time and as much as I loved our wedding, I was SOOOOOO happy it was over. I kept trying to convince Richard to elope. LOL
I'm excited for yours though! I'm so happy for you!
Post a Comment