Thursday, August 21, 2008

Banannas Galore!

Me: Boys, don't fight over the bananna, you have a ton more at home.
William: Yeah, but none of the banannas at home are Jason's bananna!

Story:
So you all know I sit for 3 families. One of the families I've babysat for off and on for 10 years now. For the last 5 years while Jason and I have been together I've spoken with the mother (and my friend) Leslie a ton, so she has come to adore and admire Jason, even though she's only met him 2 or 3 times.

She would love nothing more than to raise children to be just like Jason, in fact she's always telling me she needs to talk with Jason's mom to find out how she raised two such wonderful children, and I think she's spoken about him to her children a lot, because they all know about him and always talk about him, even though they have only met him once.

Today on my way to pick up David(age 5) from soccer practice, his two brothers William (8)and John (3), and I drove by Jason and decided to follow him to say "hello". When we caught up with him he had a bananna and offered it to the boys. They said no, and we left. While we drove away William asked "Was he serious about giving us the bananna, cause I want it" and I said "Yes, he was serious".

We talked about Jason and the bananna for a great deal of the ride and when I got back to their house all 3 of them said to me in unison (obviously they were discussing it quietly in the back) "WE WANT THAT BANANNA". So we drove over to Jason's house and he gave us the bananna. Then on the way back to the boys house they were all 3 arguing over who got to hold it, and who got to eat it... which lead to...

Me: Boys, don't fight over the bananna, you have a ton more at home.
William: Yeah, but none of the banannas at home are Jason's bananna!

Maybe the story isn't as funny as I think, but man, it was sure a highlight in my day!!

1 comment:

Lady Carolyn said...

Naw, that's pretty funny. I agree.